Peanut Butter Caramel BarsFrom henrie 8 years ago
- 1 pkg. (18 oz) yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1/2 C. butter softened shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 20 miniature peanut butter cups chopped shopping list
- 2 T. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 (12 1/4 oz) jar caramel ice cream topping shopping list
- 1/4 C. peanut butter shopping list
- 1/2 C. salted peanuts shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 (16 oz) can milk chocolate frosting shopping list
- 1/2 C. chopped salted peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry cake mix, butter and egg; beat until no longer crumbly, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the peanut butter cups.
- Press into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cornstarch, carmamel topping and peanut butter until smooth. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a boil, about 25 minutes. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat; stir in peanuts. Spread evenly over warm crust. Bake 6-7 minutes longer or until almost set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread with frosting; sprinkle with peanuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting. Store in refrigerator.