Mushroom CasseroleFrom upstatevoyager 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup beef stock or broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup saltine cracker crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, melt 1/2 cup butter. Add celery and mushrooms. Saute until softened.
- In small bowl, whisk together stock, cornstarch and marjoram. Add to skillet and cook over medium heat until sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Spoon into a greased 1 quart casserole.
- Stir together cracker crumbs, cheese and butter. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Great to serve with broiled or grilled beef.