Stir-fried Asparagus And Red Pepper With Garlicky Oyster SauceFrom wolfpackjack 9 years ago
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry shopping list
- 2-1/2 Tbsp peanut oil shopping list
- 1 medium red pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1 x 1/4 inch strips shopping list
- 1-1/2 lbs asparagus, tough ends snapped off and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, minced or pressed shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh ginger - minced shopping list
- 2 cups cooked rice, small or medium grain. shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sherry together in a small bowl.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the peanut oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat until almost smoking.
- Add the red peppers and cook until almost brown, stirring constantly, ~ 2 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and cook until well browned, stirring constantly, ~ 5 minutes.
- Clear a space in the center of the skillet. Add the garlic and ginger, then drizzle with the remaining peanut oil. Cook until fragrant, ~ 30 seconds, then mix with the vegetables.
- Add the oyster sauce mixture and toss to coat the vegetables.
- Cook until the sauce is syrupy, ~ 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!