dutch oven pork roastFrom troutwhisperer 9 years ago
How to make it
- 1--12 inch Dutch Oven
- a little olive oil
- If you don't have camp fire coals, use regular
- store bought charcoal--
- 8 coals on the bottom-15 on the lid top
- 12 inch Dutch Oven on top of your
- bottom coals-rub spices on roast and place in
- DO - place lid on and pile on top coals.
- One layer of thick sliced potatoes on the bottom and set roast on top
- Cook 2 1/2 to 3 hours (add coals as they are used
- up-then place sliced onions on top roast-add a
- good sprinkle of spices-then add potatoes-around
- sides and on top roast-season again. (this recipe is
- max for a 12 inch DO) Cook about another hour or
- so, .
- Always check pork roast with meat thermometer for
- doneness before serving.
- When its done…pour apple sauce around the roast and put the lid back on for about fifteen minutes. roast will come down to a slicing temp and apple sauce will be heated through.
The Cooktroutwhisperer Two Harbors, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!