Unbaked CheesecakeFrom marianna 8 years ago
- 125g of digestive biscuits shopping list
- 75g of softened unsalted butter shopping list
- 300g of cream cheese shopping list
- 60g of icing sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp of vanilla shopping list
- juice of half a lime or lemon shopping list
- 250ml of double cream shopping list
- cherry preserve or blueberry jam shopping list
How to make it
- Using a food processor, blitz together the biscuits and butter until it looks and feels like a wet sand. Pour and press the mixture in an 8" spingform pan until it covers the whole bottom. Reverve.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lime (or lemon). Reserve.
- In another bowl lightly whip the cream until it thickens a bit. You don't have to put too much air in it, it has to be firm but still creamy and not dry.
- Mix together the cream cheese and the cream until they're completely amalgamated. Pour mixture in the springform pan and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours (in my case, I had to refrigerate it overnight because brazilian double cream is not as thick as the british one).
- After the cheesecake has set, pour the cherry preserve on top of it and serve. I prefer blueberry jam, which I dissolve with a bit of water in a pan over low heat, until it looks like a thick syrup. After that, I sieve it to make a smooth sauce.