Couscous and Feta-Stuffed PeppersFrom wolfpackjack 7 years ago
- vegetable oil cooking spray shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth (fat-free??) shopping list
- 2/3 cup couscous shopping list
- 1 x-tra large red bell peppers, or yellow, or..... shopping list
- 2 tsp EVOO shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 6 oz zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced thinly across shopping list
- 6 oz yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and sliced thinly across shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt (kosher or sea) shopping list
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 15 oz canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese, ~ 1 cup shopping list
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F, coat a small baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium saucepan, bring the broth to a boil, add the couscous, cover and remove from the heat, set aside.
- Cut the stems and top 1/2 inch off the bell peppers and scoop out the seeds and white membrane.
- Place peppers upright in a baking dish and roast them for 15 minutes or until they soften, them remove from oven and set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the EVOO , add the onion, zucchini, yellow squash, fennel seeds, oregano, and salt, then cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Remove skillet from heat, stir tomatoes, chickpeas, and tomato paste.
- With a fork, scrape the couscous into the skillet and toss with the vegetables.
- Stir in the feta cheese.
- Fill the peppers with the couscous/vegetable mixture. Place on the coated baking dish, then bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating4 people
How did I miss this one??? Hope things are well, missin' you in the park...sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Wonderful. Really like the squash and zucchini. And the fennel seeds too. I actually have a bunch left over from another recipe ... hmmmm.legoflamb in New York loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!