Lemon Pound CakeFrom borinda 8 years ago
- EAST 62D STREET lemon cake shopping list
- cake shopping list
- Fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 pound plain butter shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind shopping list
- Glaze shopping list
- 1/3 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar. shopping list
How to make it
- Adjust rack one-third up from bottom of oven. Preheat to 350.
- Butter a 9x3 1/2-inch tube pan and dust it lightly with fine, dry bread crumbs. (a 10" angel food pan works fine, too)
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In large bowl of electric mixer cream the butter.
- Add sugar and beat 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs individually, scraping bowl as necessary with a rubber spatula to keep mixture smooth.
- On lowest speed, alternately add dry ingredients in three additions and milk in two additions, scrapping as necessary and beating only until smooth after each addition.
- Stir in lemon rind.
- Turn batter into prepared pan; level top by rotating pan briskly back and forth.
- Bake 1 hour and 10-15 minutes until a cake tester comes out dry. Let cake stand in pan for about 5 minutes; then cover with a rack and invert.
- Remove pan, leaving cake upside down.
- Place over a large piece of aluminum foil or wax paper and prepare glaze of 1/3 cup lemon juice and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Glaze should be used immediately after it is mixed.
- Stir juice and sugar and brush all over the hot cake until absorbed. Let cake cool completely.
- Transfer to a cake plate. Do not cut for at least several hours.
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating4 people
This recipe rocks and is really really easy! If you're *ahem* lazy like me, you can bake the cake in a brownie pan or pyrex baking dish and then just dump the glaze over the top once you take it out of the oven, no need to unmould and brush. I just l...morembe in Vancouver loved it
Kimtien's friend had a great idea, make individual small cakes.. then we could have lots more crust!!!
Nancy, I love that you eat the middle and save the best/crust for last! Thanks again for a delicious recipe it's definitely a new favorite.mbe in Vancouver loved it
Oh borinda I have gained 50lbs just looking at the recipe but it is one that I have been trying to find that is truly divine I gave you a 5 rating and an honors rating to.
Thanks for a great post.
Have a grand day!!!!
moresilverqueen in Albany loved it