Old-fashioned Pot RoastFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
- 1 C all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 t salt shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 beef chuck roast, 2 1/2 to 3 Pounds (Trim fat off.) (I always ask for a lean Roast at the meat counter) shopping list
- 3 T vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 C beef or chicken broth shopping list
- 2 T Quick-Mixing flour, such as Wondra shopping list
- 8 red potatoes, halved shopping list
- 8 small carrots shopping list
- 2 yellow onions, quartered shopping list
- 1/3 C apple cider vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the All-Purpose Flour, Salt and Pepper to taste in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add the meat; seal. Shake until evenly coated.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the meat. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the Broth and Quick-Mixing Flour in a small bowl until smooth.
- Transfer the meat to a slow cooker.
- Arrange Potatoes, Carrots and Onions on top of the meat; pour the Broth mixture and Vinegar. (I mix the Broth and Vinegar before pouring.) Cover; Cook on low until the meat is very tender, about eight hours in Crock Pot.
- Skim off fat.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating7 people
This sounds great! I'm Going to cook it tomorrow :)donman in Hammond loved it
There is something about adding vinegar to food.... Ive got several recipes that you add it to and I just love it....Great post here!!!!zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Lovely recipe and it's a 5 in my books.peepers in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!