Chocolate Mix For Hot Cocoa SugarlessFrom pieplate 5 years ago
How to make it
- Heat water to a simmer.
- Add cocoa in 3 portions, whisking it smooth. The lumps will disappear if you whisk long enough. It will also thicken into a pudding, but you knew that already.
- Heat over low heat, stirring frequently.
- When just a few slow bubbles have come up, add cream and whisk it in.
- Continue heating until another few slow bubbles come up.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- When you want some chocolate milk, put a few spoonsful (or whatever your taste requires) in the bottom of your glass, add an inch of your milk, and mix it thoroughly with the chocolate, and add the rest of your milk. A little vanilla is good too. Sweeten to taste with your preferred sweetening.
- When you want hot chocolate, heat the milk first, then add the chocolate mixture, sweeten etc.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookpieplate Claremont, CA
The Rating2 people
It would probably also work with evaporated milk, even lo-fat evap, in place of cream.nightkitchen in Claremont loved it