Carne Assada---Portuguese Pot RoastFrom princesa9580 6 years ago
- 1 beef roast ( Tri-tip or chuck roast, fat removed) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic ( minced) shopping list
- 1 yellow onion (chopped) shopping list
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (14 1/2 oz.) shopping list
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 can beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup wine (rose or white zinfadel) shopping list
- 6 leaves of fresh mint or 1 1/2 tea spoon dried mint shopping list
- non stick spray shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cummin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground alspice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves or fresh basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Spray pot with non stick spray. Brown roas on all sides and remove onto a plate.
- Brown garlic and onions and meat in pot.
- Pour in wine.
- Let simmer for few minutes.
- Add stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, half of mint fresh or dried, salt and pepper and cummin, alspice and sweet basil.
- Cover and let it simmer for an hour. If using chuck roast, give it a little more cooking time.
- Make sure liquid doesn't cook away!!!! If you are slow cooking or it is a larger roast you may want to add more wine and some water.
- Just before serving drop in the remaining mint.
- Check seasonings for taste before serving.
- You can serve this with rice or veggie of choice.
- Cook time will vay depnding on the size of your roast.