Uses for Witch HazelFrom henrie 7 years ago
- Witch Hazel shopping list
How to make it
- Witch Hazel has been around for as long as anyone around can
- remember. It is inexpensive and there are so many uses for it
- from head to toe. Here are a few...
- Blemishes.....Mix witch hazel and a few drops of Tea Tree
- oil and wipe over the face twice a day to control oil, and
- Mix witch Hazel in a spray bottle with 5 drops of peppermint
- oil to use as a bug repellent when outdoors. Spray on. Witch
- Hazel can be applied to bug bites to take the itch away also...
- Witch Hazel can cool tired feet and when mixed with peppermint
- or Eucalyptus oil, can soothe tired muscles...
- Use Witch hazel straight as an astringent to keep pores clean
- and to shrink them...
- There are also Witch Hazel shampoos that are
- sold in health food stores. You can also take 1 ounce of Witch
- Hazel and addit to an 8-10 ounce bottle of shampoo. (Great
- for the scalp).
- "Witch Hazel is also good for small sores, scrapes and bruises.
- It inhibits (stops) the bleeding. If you put it on a small
- sore or scrape, it will burn a little. But, for all 3, they
- heal faster. I had heard this with bruises and didn't really
- believe it. I tried it on a big bruise I had one time, put the
- Witch Hazel on 1/2 of it and let the other 1/2 heal on its own.
- The 1/2 with the Witch Hazel healed in about 3-4 days. The other
- 1/2 took almost 3 weeks. Also, the fresher the bruise, scrape
- or sore, the faster it works."
- Witch Hazel also works wonderfully for tired eyes -
- put on cotton pads and place on eyes for 15 min.& tired red eyes
- disappear and your sparkle is back...
- Salons do scalp treatments for clients but if you can't
- afford one, try this mini one. Thoroughly brush the hair
- and scalp, take a pick and gently "comb" the scalp from
- front to back. This loosens the dry skin that accumulates
- on the scalp. Apply Witch Hazel all over the scalp and
- massage it in for a few minutes. Leave on 5 minutes and
- shampoo and condition using cooler water than you usually
- Witch Hazel applied to burns or sunburn will soothe and
- heal the skin quickly.
- Witch Hazel applied on a cold sore when you feel it coming
- on will prevent it from becoming a blister. If you already
- have one, use it right away and often and the blister will
- heal quicker.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating7 people
Thanks for the reminder of the uses of Witch Hazel.. Great post..got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
same here henrie! Great posting... saving this for sure! Hoping all is well!divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
Great post..got my 5.Thanks for the reminder of the uses ,HAPPY COOKING!putting in FRIENDS group.zanna in MOUNT CLEMENS loved it