Cool Pasta Salad With Fresh Basil VinaigretteFrom knoxcop 8 years ago
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, grilled or roasted and diced shopping list
- 1 box (1 lb.) curly-que shaped noodles (I like gemelli) shopping list
- 2 jars marinated artichoke hearts shopping list
- 2 avocado, pitted shopping list
- 1 jar capers, drained shopping list
- 4 roma tomatoes shopping list
- 4 scallions shopping list
- fresh basil DRESSING: shopping list
- 1 cup fresh basil shopping list
- 2/3 cup good olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- juice of one lemon shopping list
- garlic clove, crushed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the noodles in a large pot of lightly salted water for 8 minutes. I like to add a bit of olive oil to the water for boiling.
- Rinse noodles in cool water immediately to stop cooking process. You're going for an al dente' texture with the noodles.
- Chop the avocado, artichokes (drained), tomatoes and scallions.
- Toss into the bowl with above ingredients.
- For the dressing: Blend everything in a small-bowl food processor until uniform consistency is achieved. Toss with salad ingredients.
- Best when chilled for a few hours before eating.
- NOTE: If you're making this ahead of time, wait until last minute to add the avocado. Just chop it up before you leave, toss it in some lemon juice, keep it cool in a Tupperware container and add it to the salad at the venue. Avocado likes to go bad pretty quickly!! --Kn0x--