Mikes Best Baked BeansFrom saltymike 9 years ago
- ½ lb smoked bacon shopping list
- 1 lb smoked sausage, diced shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2-3 fresh cayenne peppers, very finely chopped (or use jalapenos) shopping list
- 1 can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 small can tomato sauce, plain shopping list
- 2 Tbsp white sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp cider vinegar shopping list
- 3 small cans pork and beans shopping list
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1-2 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Fry bacon in a large, heavy Dutch oven over medium heat. Remove cooked bacon and retain drippings.
- Add diced smoked sausage and sauté in bacon drippings until lightly browned.
- Add onion, bell pepper, celery, cayenne pepper and garlic and sauté until tender. Season the mixture with salt and ground black pepper.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, white sugar and vinegar, mix well and heat to temperature.
- Add beans, brown sugar, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce. Re-season with salt and ground black pepper as necessary.
- Crumble in the bacon. Mix all ingredients well and cover the Dutch oven.
- Place in oven and bake 30 minutes at 350.
- Serve as a side dish or as a topping on burgers.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooksaltymike Naples, FL
The Rating6 people
Oh, yes, I can just taste these beans already, and they are some kind of good! Great recipe!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Wow, makes my mouth water just reading the ingredients. Must put these together asap. Thank you muchly for the great post. Got my 5 toohenrie in Savannah loved it
Hello...Well...here you go again with a Super recipe!
Can hardly wait to try a mouthful!
....BIG..."5" on this one....!
Thanks....mjcmcook....mjcmcook in Beach City loved it