Pumpkin Sausage PastaFrom grandmommy 7 years ago
- 2T. olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb. sausage (Italian) ( in a pinch I use what ever sausage I have) shopping list
- 4 cloves chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 6 fresh sage leaves chopped ( I grow my own, so easy) shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. dry white wine shopping list
- 1-2 c. chicken stock shopping list
- 1 small can of plain pumpkin shopping list
- 1c. heavy cream shopping list
- 1/8 t. cinnamon ( these two spices can be added according to your taste) shopping list
- 1/2 t. freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1lb. penne pasta, cooked al dente shopping list
- grated romano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in skillet
- Add onion ans sage saute till translusent, add garlic and sausage saute 3 to 5 mins.
- Add bay leaf and wine to pan.
- Reduce wine by half,
- Add stock and pumpkin, stir and simmer.Stir in the cream, cinnamon and nutmeg, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer till sauce is thickened.
- Pour over cooked pasta.
- Grate cheese on top.
- Fresh sage leaves look nice sprinkled on top.