Gilliland Irish Bread Pudding With Caramel Whiskey SauceFrom conner909 7 years ago
- 1 (2 lb.) loaf sliced white French bread, crusts removed shopping list
- ½ cup butter, softened shopping list
- ½ cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1/3 cup Irish whiskey shopping list
- 2 1/3 cups milk shopping list
- 2 ½ cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1 vanilla bean, split shopping list
- 8 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- cinnamon-sugar mix (about ¼ cup) shopping list
- caramel whiskey sauce shopping list
- ***** shopping list
- caramel whiskey Sauce: shopping list
- 1 ½ cup sugar shopping list
- ½ cup water shopping list
- ½ cup butter shopping list
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream shopping list
- ¼ cup Irish whiskey shopping list
How to make it
- Spread bread slices with some of the soft butter.
- Toast lightly on 1 side.
- Cut bread into ½ inch squares. Set aside.
- Plump raisins in whiskey and set aside.
- Heat milk and cream with vanilla bean, scraping out the seeds from
- the bean into the milk. Cool.
- Discard bean. Set milk aside.
- Beat eggs with sugar. Add to milk mixture.
- Stir in bread and raisin mixture.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Pour bread mixture into well-buttered 13x9 glass baking pan.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture, to taste.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes or until light golden brown on top.
- Serve with caramel whiskey sauce. Makes 8 servings.
- Caramel Whiskey Sauce:
- Melt sugar in water over low heat until caramelized.
- Add butter and 1 ½ cups whipping cream and cook to
- desired consistency.
- Cool, then add whiskey and more cream if necessary.
- Makes 3 cups
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookconner909 Southern Calif., CA
The Rating4 people
My husband made this last night for a party and it was OUTSTANDING! The whiskey sauce was the perfect addition. Thanks for posting this!MeowMeow1977 in loved it
Made this 2x. First time I used stale french bread like other recipes call for (instead of removing the crusts and buttering and toasting). The next time I followed the directions exactly. Wow!!! what a difference. This was the best bread pudding...moresweetsam in loved it
Oh heavens, this sounds wonderful. I love the sauce, my husband would be very happy if I made this. He is the big whiskey fan and he loves dessert.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it