Homemade Cheese SpreadFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup nonfat ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or chopped green onion tops shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- Fresh chives and oregano sprigs for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine ricotta, cottage cheese, and garlic. Add the basil, parsley, chopped chives, marjoram, oregano, lemon juice, and pepper. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds, stopping machine to scrape down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Place cheese spread in a small serving bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Garnish with chives and oregano sprigs. Serve with fresh vegetables and crackers.
- For a vegetable-cheese spread, combine some chunks of cucumber, carrot, celery, and green onion in food processor. Add the remaining ingredients as directed in step 1; process until smooth.