Ground Beef Stuffed SquashFrom ravenseyes 7 years ago
- 3 medium acorn squash shopping list
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup Herb-seasoned stuffing mix shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. onion, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup beef stock shopping list
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- butter or margarine shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse, dry, and cut each Acorn squash in half, lengthwise. Remove the seeds from the center and discard. Place Acorn squash halves, cut side down, in a baking pan and pour 1/4-inch of boiling water over them. Bake in a pre-heated 350-F degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Make sure to work the ground beef into small, crumbly pieces as it browns. Drain off any excess fat. Add stuffing mix, parsley, salt, onion, pepper, and beef bouillon. Stir gently or toss to combine. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Remove half-baked squash from the oven and when cool enough to handle, turn it cut side up. Fill the center of each squash with an equal portion of the beef and stuffing mixture. Return to the oven and continue to bake for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté mushroom slices in butter or margarine until desired degree of doneness. Remove finished stuffed squash from the oven and distribute an equal portion of sautéed mushrooms over the top of each half. Serve warm, in the skin.
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating3 people
I absolutely LOVE stuffed squash. This is on the menu for tonite......justabeginner in Fairview Park loved it
First stuffed squash recipe I have tried this season. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S !!justabeginner in Fairview Park loved it
Yes, this recipe sounds lovely! As I love quick & simple dishes & love vegetables this I'm sure will be another one of our favourites!~chazah in Kempton Park loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!