Yiouvarlakia- Meatballs AvgolemonoFrom greekgirrrl 7 years ago
How to make it
- Mix all the ingedients together, and form into round 1 inch balls. Put some water, about 1 1/2 cups in a pot.
- Place the butter and balls in the water when it is just starting to get hot -CAREFULLY! Bring to slow boil.
- Let them simmer for about 20 minutes and then let cool. Do not drain the liquid.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a mixer and slowly, while beating, add the lemon juice ensuring that the sauce doesn't curdle. With a ladle, take some of the juice from the meatball pot, add to the sauce, all the time mixing.
- Keep doing this until all the juice has been mixed in the sauce. Empty all the sauce on top of the meatballs and serve with some sprinkled parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating4 people
I am in love - this looks fantastic! Thanks so much... =)lunasea in Orlando loved it
Oh I trust you, no doubt. This brings me back to my yaya's table. And it will only take me a tenth of the effort I would go through to make dolmades. Thanks!legoflamb in New York loved it
Hi Greekgirrrl, I made this for Easter dinner with my wife. I know Greek Easter is next week, but I got impatient. I actually made it with ground turkey and kasha instead of beef and rice. It was still very good.legoflamb in New York loved it