Shrimp Sandwiches With Tarragon-caper MayonnaiseFrom lunasea 6 years ago
- For the Mayo: shopping list
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Maui) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon (or more) hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery heart with leaves shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- **** shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, room temperature shopping list
- 12 small (3-inch round) soft sandwich rolls or 6 hot dog buns, split horizontally shopping list
- 1 pound cooked peeled deveined large shrimp, each cut horizontally in half shopping list
- tomato slices (optional) shopping list
- avocado slices (optional) shopping list
- Thinly sliced butter lettuce (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix first 5 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce in medium bowl. Mix in celery. Season with salt and pepper and more hot sauce, if desired.
- **DO AHEAD: Mayonnaise can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover; chill at least two hours for flavors to marry.
- Lightly butter cut sides of rolls. Heat griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add rolls, buttered side down, to griddle and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread mayonnaise over bottom of each bun. Top with shrimp, tomato, avocado, and lettuce, if desired. Cover with top buns. Transfer to plates.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating4 people
I know I will love this, favorite combinations here.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Hi Vickie! This really sounds good. It seems you get a lot of bang for your cooking minutes in this one! Great flavors going on here. I'll have to make this one for my daughters it's sure to be a hit. I think this would be tasty on a home made chiaba...moregrandmommy in Nashville loved it
Ohhhhhh MY! My..my. This is absolutely mouth-watering to READ and I'm sure it will be even better to EAT! Thanks for this....straight to the faves.
--Kn0x--knoxcop in Knoxville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!