DREAM WHIP UPSIDE DOWN CAKEFrom henrie 9 years ago
- 1 c. brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 1/3 c. oleo or butter, melted shopping list
- 1 lg. can chunked or crushed pineapple, drained shopping list
- maraschino cherries shopping list
- 1/2 c. nuts, chopped shopping list
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 pkg. Dream Whip shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 c. pineapple juice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sugar and butter in 9 x 13 inch pan. Cover with pineapple. Place cherries amongst pineapple. Sprinkle with nuts and 1/2 cup pineapple juice. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, dry package of Dream Whip, eggs and remaining pineapple juice. Blend until moistened and then beat for 4 minutes. Carefully spoon cake mixture over pineapple mixture in bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes and turn over on a large pan or tray. Serve warm or cold with Cool Whip.