More Than Crab SandwichFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- ONE TO TWO HRS. CHILL TIME shopping list
- muffin halves shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced scallions shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 8–10 dashes Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat* shopping list
- 2 whole English muffins shopping list
- 1/2 pound grated gruyere cheese shopping list
- 1/4 pound baby shrimp** shopping list
- *Use fresh crab when in season--Otherwise look for the Phillips brand canned crab available in stores like Costco. Always drain all liquid before making the sandwich filling or it will be soggy. shopping list
- **Buy the shrimp cooked . shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the sour cream, mustard, scallions, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, Tabasco sauce, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Check the crabmeat for any small pieces of shell and discard them.
- Gently add the crab to the mixture. Don’t over mix; you want the lumps of crab to remain intact.
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours so that the flavors meld.
- Just before removing the mixture from the refrigerator, separate the English muffins into halves and place them on a baking sheet.
- Remove the crab from the refrigerator and scoop equal portions on to each muffin half. Spread evenly.
- Divide the cheese into four equal portions. Take half of each portion and sprinkle it evenly on the sandwiches. Set the remaining cheese aside.
- Place the shrimp evenly on the tops of each sandwich.
- Cover each with the remaining cheese and place them under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until melted and bubbling.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes plus 2–3 hours downtime.
- A Barbara Adams Beyond Wonderful recipe.