Quick and Easy Enchilada SauceFrom conner909 8 years ago
- ¼ cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour shopping list
- ¼ cup New Mexico or California chili powder shopping list
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce shopping list
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 ½ cups water shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder (I use granulated garlic) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute onion until translucent.
- Stir in flour and chili powder, reduce heat to medium and cook until lightly brown.
- Stir constantly to prevent burning flour.
- Gradually stir in tomato sauce, water, cumin, garlic powder and onion salt into the flour and chili powder until smooth.
- Continue cooking over medium heat for approx. 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- jade2011 Onthebeach, Florida
- chachacha Nowhere, Us
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- modelsmom Worcester, MA
- cmmcelro Mt Pleasant - NE Texas Between Dallas And Texarkana, TX
- janick04 Hamilton, OH
- emilydrew Pittsburgh, PA
- conner909 Whereabouts, Unknown
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔