Olive Gardens San Remo Dip copycat recipeFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 6 oz. can tiny shrimp (drained, reserve liquid) shopping list
- 6 oz. can crab meat (drained, reserve liquid) shopping list
- 2 ounces cream cheese, (room temperature and cubed) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish shopping list
- 1/3 cup asiago cheese, grated shopping list
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/2 -3/4 cup half and half shopping list
- 11/2 cups prepared Barilla marinara sauce, drained to remove excess liquid shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, finely shredded for topping shopping list
How to make it
- In a 2-quart saucepan on medium-low, heat olive oil and blend in flour. Add to flour the liquids that were reserve from the shrimp and crab, stir well.
- To this sauce, add cubed cream cheese, salt, crushed garlic, horseradish, and stir until smooth. Add asiago and parmesan cheeses and stir until smooth.
- When the cheese has melted and sauce is smooth, add shrimp and crab; blend well. Simmer until heated through.
- Finally, add half and half a little at a time until the seafood sauce starts to simmer and begins to resemble warm pudding.
- Let sauce simmer for 12 - 15 minutes. Stir sauce so it will not scorch on bottom.
- In a shallow 9-inch baking dish, spray with nonstick spray. Add drained marinara sauce and carefully spoon seafood sauce on top. Sprinkle with freshly shredded parmesan cheese and place in a preheated oven at 325 F, for 10 - 15 minutes, until heated through. Dip should not brown on top.