Baby Spinach Salad With Bacon And SwissFrom pleclare 9 years ago
- 4 strips bacon shopping list
- 11/2Tbs fesh squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1Tbs, Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1tsp.honey or brown sugar shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil as needed shopping list
- Salad: shopping list
- 4 cups baby spinach shopping list
- 1/4c. grated swiss cheese shopping list
- 1/2 avocado,cubed shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 c chopped red onion shopping list
How to make it
- Set a med. saute pan over medium heat and add bacon. Cook,turning once or twice,until crispy. Drain on paper towels and crumble into bite size pieces,reserving rendered fat in pan. Add the lemon juice,mustard and honey and several grinds of black pepper to the warm bacon fat and whisk till well combined. Dip a leaf of spinach into dressing to taste. Add salt ,if needed and whisk in up to 1/4c olive oil if dressing seems too tart.
- To assemble:
- Place spinach,cheese,bacon,avocado and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat evenly. Place on serving plates and season with a bit of fresh ground pepper.
- Variations:Add sauteed mushrooms. Substitute ricotta salata,a slightly dry and salty cheese,for the swiss,and crumble it in.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
ah you mention putting onion in the bowl... I know my eyesight isn't what it should be...but how much??peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
this recipes sound good..my husband will love it.peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Delicious dressing! I used a tomato instead of an avocado and my dijon was a honey dijon. I think a little bit more cheese would be good and subbing a hard boiled egg for the avocado would be nice, too.
If you dress this salad in a bowl you ha...morefrankieanne in Somewhere loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!