Raita Indian Style Cucumber And Mango DipFrom uk2nyc 9 years ago
- 2 Peeled and finely chopped and diced cucumbers shopping list
- 1 mango finely chopped and diced ( i like a medium ripe mango thats not too mushy, but a ripe mango works great too if you like the sweet flavour) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sour cream shopping list
- 1 Finely chopped and diced onion shopping list
- 1 finely copped and diced tomato shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1-3 green chillies, seeded and finely chopped ( add more or less according to your tolerance) shopping list
- 1 tbs cumin seeds shopping list
- 1/4 tbs chaat masala ( optional, but i like to use it. You can get it at a indian grocery store) or you can use dry mango powder. shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- * If you don't feel like doing all the chopping, GRATING your larger ingredients works very well too.
- In a non reactive mixing bowl add your yogurt and sour cream.
- Mix well
- Heat a small frying pan and when hot, toast the cumin seeds until they release aroma and are slightly singed ( dont burn them please)
- Add the roasted cumin seeds and the remaining ingredients to the yogurt mix.
- WASH your hands CLEAN :)
- Using your primary hand, mush the ingredients together for a good 3-4 mins
- This lets all the flavors intermingle
- Let it sit in the fridge for about 30 mins
- Serve and enjoy, its a very cooling and soothing dish