Stuffed Mussels with White wineFrom uk2nyc 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb of mussels ( I used Italian mussels from the Ligurian sea) shopping list
- 2 large ripe vine tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine shopping list
- 1 spring rosemary shopping list
- 1 tsp of chopped parsley shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped finely shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of good quality saffron shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of paprika dolce ( sweet Italian paprika) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tbs butter shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Scrub your mussels clean and remove the beards
- Place a pan on Medium heat and add your butter, Tomatoes, Parsley, Rosemary, garlic, Saffron, Paprika and salt
- When tomatoes are a little soft add your white wine and turn flame on high.
- Add your mussels and cover.
- After about 8 mins check to see if your mussles are all opened
- Using a slotted spoon remove the mussels and discard the ones that are closed
- Reduce the liquid until its about 1/2 cup ( use your judgment)
- Remove the meat from the mussels and save the large shells
- Chop the meat and in a mixing bowl combine with Egg and bread crumbs and your cooled cooking liquid.
- Stuff one shell at a time and place on a baking tray.
- Put under the broiler until nice and golden brown
- Remove and serve with lemon and a nice chilled white wine.
- * I used a Viognier from Sicily
The Cookuk2nyc Milano, Italy, IT
The Rating4 people
This looks great, my family love mussels and that's unusual living in the heartland land locked Minnesota, but we do have a great fish market where we pay dearly for fresh seafood. I will be giving this a try soon. I will need to use sweet Hungarian ...moredarlenel in West St Paul loved it
Yumm!!invisiblechef in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!