Lobster Bisque SupremeFrom greekgirrrl 7 years ago
- 1/2 c. diced carrots shopping list
- 1/2 sm. onion shopping list
- 1/4 lb. uncooked lobster meat shopping list
- 1/2 c. your favoritebutter shopping list
- 1 tbsp. dry sherry shopping list
- 1/4 c. dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 c. chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp. tomato paste shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tbsp. minced parsley shopping list
- Pinch of thyme shopping list
- 4 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 2 c. scalded milk shopping list
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Mince the carrots and onion in a food processor. Mince the lobster meat.
- Melt half the butter in a pot and saute the carrots and onions for 3 minutes. Add the lobster meat.
- Heat and ignite the sherry and pour it over the mixture.
- Add the wine, chicken broth, tomato paste, bay leaf, parsley and thyme and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour to make a roux. Cook it for a few minutes and then add the hot milk, beating vigorously with a wire whisk.
- Pour this into the lobster pot and simmer very slowly for 12 minutes.
- Add the cream and correct the seasoning.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating7 people
Yumm. Lobster is really expensive here in Italy..i guess i could try this with Clams too. I miss Maine lobster.uk2nyc in Milano, Italy loved it
uk2nyc in Milano, Italy loved it
Lobster as a soup. Like the commercial "Soup is good food".
This is over the top, I am sold.
Michaeltrigger in loved it