Coconut Shrimp SoupFrom foodfight 7 years ago
- 1 lb jumbo shimp shopping list
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 celery stalk, sliced shopping list
- 1 onion sliced shopping list
- 2 plum tomatos, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, reserve stems shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups coconut milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp red curry paste shopping list
- 1 tsp brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp fish sauce shopping list
- 8 oz hokkien noodles shopping list
- juice of 2 limes shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and devein shimp; reserve heads and shells.
- Place shrimp heads and shells in large saucepan (you can also substitue for a shrimp boulion cube or 1 Tbs of shrimp paste). Add lemon zest, carrot, celery, onion, tomatos and chopped cilantro stems and add water. Bring to boil, reduce to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes.
- Strain stock through fine mesh sieve.
- Return measured 5 cups of stock to saucepan, stir in coconut milk, curry paste, sugar, fish sauce, noodles, lime juice, cilantro leaves and shrimp.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer stirring occationally about 6-7 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.