Truffled Scrambled EggsFrom jakartainflames 7 years ago
How to make it
- Beat eggs with milk, salt, and pepper. Do not overbeat; stop when all the yolk is incorporated.
- Heat butter in a 8 in nonstick skillet over medium high heat. It is key to use an appropriately sized pan for the number of eggs you're cooking. Pour in eggs before foaming has subsided.
- Push and fold the eggs from the outer rim into a mound in the center. Do not swirl or break up the egg as it cooks. Keep the eggs constantly moving. Cook until eggs are no longer runny but still wet and shiny (almost underdone), only about 30 seconds to a minute. Remove from heat, add truffle oil, fold a few more times to incorporate into the egg. Eggs will continue to cook off heat so serve immediately.
- The recipe can be doubled to serve four. The eggs will need to be cooked in a larger skillet 10 in or 12 in and for a longer amount of time about 1 - 1 1/2 min.
- Be careful not to overbeat or overcook scrambled eggs, otherwise they will be tough.
The Cookjakartainflames Jakarta, Indonesia
The Rating0 people
I tried these because I had some white truffle oil given to me and I didn't know what to do with it! These are great instructions for scrambling eggs, by the way. I added a photo for you. :)frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
It does have quite a strong flavor, otterpond. That's the reason not to use too much! :)frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!