Chunky Potato SoupFrom tannzzi 7 years ago
- 3 - 4 Medium to Large red potatoes shopping list
- 2 Cups water shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons All Purpose flour shopping list
- Crushed red pepper shopping list
- ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 Cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 Cup Shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 Cup Cubed, cooked ham shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and cut Potates into Cubes
- Bring Water to a Boil in Large Saucepan.
- Add Potatoes and Cook until Tender
- Drain, reserving Liquid. Set Aside Potatoes
- Measure 1 Cup Cooking Liquid Adding Water if necessary; set aside.
- Peel, & Finely Chop Onion.
- Melt Butter in Saucepan over Medium Heat
- Add Onion to saucepan; Cook, Stirring Frequently, until Tender
- & Translucent, but NOT Brown
- Add Flour to Saucepan; Season with Pepper to Taste.
- Cook 3 to 4 Minutes.
- Gradually add Potatoes, Reserved 1 Cup of Liquid, Milk, and
- Sugar to Onion Mixture in Saucepan; Stirring Well.
- Add Cheese and Ham. Simmer over Low Heat for approximately
- 30 Minutes, stirring Frequently. Serve with Fresh, Sliced Italian Bread. Store Leftovers Covered, in Refrigerator
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooktannzzi Portage, IN
The Rating4 people
Yummy!!! Yummy!!vickycummins in Munster loved it
I love to add chopped scallions and a dollop of sour cream to the individual servings. Have also subbed crispy bacon for the ham - both great. It's like a loaded baked potato soup. Great post - thanks. This is comfort food at its best...lunasea in Orlando loved it
This sounds absolutely wonderul! Have to hurry and try it bofre it gets hot. Louisiana usually has an early Spring. Gave you a 5!
Susana in Louisianasusana in Mandeville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!