Spicy Cabbage SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1 medium onion, quartered and sliced thin shopping list
- 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp minced jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 Tbsp dry mustard shopping list
- 5 cups + 1 Tbsp vegetable broth shopping list
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 medium sized red potatoes cut in ½ inch cubes, about two cups shopping list
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3 cups thinly sliced savoy cabbage, shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tbsp of broth in a medium soup pot.
- Add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and jalapeno. Continue to sauté for another minute.
- Stir in cumin and mustard, and add broth and rest of ingredients except cabbage, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Add cabbage, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Weight Watchers282 members