North African Fish StewFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 tbsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 2 tsp sweet paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 pound cod, cut in 2" pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat couscous shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium white onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium carrot, chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato paste shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 2 teaspoons of the cumin with the coriander, paprika, pepper, lemon juice, zest and 1 1/2 tbsp water.
- Toss fish with the marinade. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Put the couscous in a large heatproof bowl, and bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- When the water boils, pour it over the couscous and cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let the couscous sit 10 minutes.
- Over medium heat in a large pot, stir in all of the vegetables, the remaining cumin and a sprinkling of salt and pepper with 1/4 cup of water.
- Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are soft, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the stock and tomato paste.
- Bring the stew to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 25 minutes.
- Add the fish and simmer the stew until the fish is just cooked through, another 10-15 minutes.
- To serve, add some couscous to each bowl and top with the stew.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
Health Food Junkies422 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group170 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables383 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Cooking For One87 members
Food Blogs60 members