Farmers Market Salad With Spiced Goat Cheese RoundsFrom lunasea 7 years ago
- goat cheese rounds: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 11/2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 16 (1/3-inch-thick) rounds chilled soft fresh goat cheese (from one 11-ounce log) shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- Vinaigrette: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- Coarse kosher salt shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- Salad: shopping list
- 1 pound baby new potatoes (such as Dutch yellow baby potatoes or reds), halved shopping list
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed shopping list
- 8 cups (loosely packed) of your favorite mixed salad greens shopping list
- 1/3 cup (packed) small fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 12 ounces assorted small tomatoes (such as cherry, grape, and/or teardrop) shopping list
- 1/2 cup black olives (such as Niçoise or Kalamata) shopping list
How to make it
- For goat cheese rounds:
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper. Mix first 6 ingredients in shallow bowl. Dip cut sides of goat cheese rounds into spice mixture to coat. Place on prepared baking sheet. Chill until ready to serve.
- ** Note: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- For vinaigrette:
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season with coarse salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewhisk before using.
- For salad:
- Steam potatoes until just tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to plate; cool.
- Steam green beans until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water; drain. Pat dry with paper towels.
- **Note: Potatoes and green beans can be made 6 hours ahead. Wrap separately in paper towels. Place in resealable plastic bag; chill.
- Combine greens and basil in large bowl. Add enough vinaigrette to coat lightly; toss. Arrange on large platter.
- Add potatoes and green beans to same large bowl; add remaining dressing and toss.
- Arrange potatoes and beans atop greens. Scatter tomatoes and olives over. Surround with goat cheese rounds.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating9 people
Sounds absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!! Saving this as we are HUGE salad eaters here. And salad is are main meal!!!!!!!!gingerlea in Tampa loved it
Yummy! *wink* Tops!pink in USA loved it
thanks for the wonderful recipe just what i need right now,a healthy bowl of salad, yummy!!!!!!!!
have a super day
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it