Shrimp And Avocado OmeletFrom wolfpackjack 6 years ago
- 1 Tbsp butter (or 2 tsp if using a non-stick skillet) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 or 4 cooked shrimp, chopped roughly shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated cheese (medium cheddar or Monterey jack) shopping list
- 1/4 red ripe tomato, diced shopping list
- 1/4 ripe avocado, diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional) shopping list
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- Tip: If you are cooking for more than one person, make multiple 2-egg omelets and keep the finished ones (without the topping) on warmed plates in a 200°F oven until ready to serve. shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare shrimp, cheese, tomato, avocado, and cilantro prior to cooking. If desired, place serving plate in the oven at 200°F to warm.
- In a small bowl, toss tomato, avocado and optional cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl just until the whites and yolks are combined, but not long enough to become frothy.
- Over medium-high heat, melt butter in a 6–8-inch skillet until just after it bubbles but does not brown. Tilt skillet to spread butter evenly around and up sides.
- Pour the eggs in the hot skillet, tilting and shaking the pan gently with one hand while stirring the eggs gently with a regular fork held flat with the other hand.
- When the eggs begin to firm up, add the shrimp and cheese in a line along the center third of the omelet.
- Immediately use the fork to fold one side then the other up over the center filling, tilting the pan to help you "roll" it into a loose cylinder.
- Cook another 10–30 seconds, depending on how brown you prefer the bottom (check for brownness by lifting a corner).
- Slide omelet onto a warmed plate, top with tomato avocado mixture and serve.
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!