Spanish Not Mexican Chicken And RiceFrom rml 7 years ago
- "Vigo" Yellow rice shopping list
- chicken breasts...(I use skinless) shopping list
- saffron Sprigs (4 to 5 stigmas)... I use more shopping list
- 1 can of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 can of wax beans shopping list
- 1 can of Chick peas (Gabanzo) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Sometimes I'll add garlic powder or crushed red pepper flakes. shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the Chicken Breasts in Chicken broth and about 2 cups of water, until the Chicken falls apart.
- Cook the rice in a large skillet, instead of a pot, following the cooking directions on the back of the rice bag and using the broth from the cooked Chicken in place of water.
- Add the chunked Chicken, beans and juice from the cans, to the rice.
- Add the seasonings to taste.
- Allow it to cook on simmer until the juice is absorbed by the rice and the rice is tender.
- The rice will be on the mushy side, but the blend of flavors is very good.
- I usually serve this with a simple green salad and crusty bread.
- Oh, don't forget the Wine!
- One more tiny little thing. I just bought a 0.06 oz McCormick Saffron for $20.00 WOW! You'd better Love Saffron!