Centsible Supper For 4From smooch 6 years ago
- 2 cups (8 oz.) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) cut green beans, undrained shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon basil or oregano leaves, crushed, optional shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 8 fried eggs shopping list
- Shredded cheese, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In large Dutch oven or kettle, combine macaroni, tomatoes with liquid, beans with liquid and salt and basil, if desired. Set aside.
- In 10-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium heat, cook onion in hot oil until lightly browned, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir into reserved macaroni mixture. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat to simmering. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Cover and keep warm while frying eggs.
- To serve, spoon 3/4 to 1 1/2 cups of the macaroni mixture onto each serving plate. Top with 1 to 2 of the eggs. Sprinkle each serving with cheese, if desired.
The Cooksmooch America
The Rating7 people
You know, this makes *Cents* and would make a good base to add other things to it as well if you were having a tight week. 5! Thanks Smooch!pink in USA loved it
Like having a recipe when times are lean!shuga in United States loved it
great recipe thanks love it.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it