Brussels Sprouts In Garlic ButterFrom wolfpackjack 7 years ago
- 15 fresh Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise (do not use frozen ones) shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed with the flat of a knife shopping list
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter and olive oil in a medium skillet (over medium-high heat) until butter is foamy.
- Reduce heat to medium, add smashed garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove garlic and discard. (Note, I usually use 5-6 cloves, mince them, and cook till translucent, and I don't discard them).
- Add sprouts cut side down, cover, and cook without stirring on medium-low heat 10-15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- The cut side of the sprouts should get nice and browned, with a nutty, buttery flavor enhanced by garlic.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan and salt & pepper to taste.
People Who Like This Dish 26
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating12 people
You won't have to twist my arm to try these! YUM!!!! Thanks!!!pat2me in Nashua loved it
my cooking bible was always fannie farmer's that's where i learned to cook. love these. thankscheryilyn in Salem loved it
I'm not much of a brussel sprouts fan, but may try them this way ;)hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!