Moms Carne PizzaiolaFrom softgrey 9 years ago
- 1 cup of egg noodles cooked according to package instructions shopping list
- top round steak (any thin cut of meat will do)-about 1/3 lb cut in two pieces shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (1 small tomato or 12 grape tomatoes or chopped canned tomatoes) shopping list
- white wine (optional) shopping list
- parsley shopping list
- grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat enough olive oil to cover the bottom of a large shallow saute pan on medium heat.
- While oil is heating, chop garlic-add to pan.
- While garlic is heating, chop tomatoes.
- Once garlics is starting to turn brown, remove the garlic with a slotted spoon and keep on a plate.
- Add the two pieces of meat to the pan with the garlic-flavoured oil and salt meat while in pan.
- Cook on both sides about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove meat and keep on plate with garlic.
- Add chopped tomato to olive oil and meat juices in pan and saute, stirring ocassionally until a sauce starts to form-about 5-7 minutes.
- Add meat and garlic back to the sauce to reheat, *add a splash of white wine at this time if desired* or you can just add water and allow to reduce slightly, about another 3-5 minutes. This increases the amount of sauce/juice.
- Chop parsley while meat reheats and sauce reduces.
- Turn off heat and add chopped parsley to pan.
- Place noodles on a dish, and lay meat on top of noodles using tongs.
- Spoon the rest of the sauce over the meat and the noodles.
- Sprinkle meat generously with parmesan cheese, avoiding the noodles.
- Be sure to sop up all the juices on the plate, that is the best part!
The Cooksoftgrey New York
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!