Cabbage And White Bean SoupFrom debra47 5 years ago
- 4 T olive oil shopping list
- 2 decent handfuls of chopped bacon shopping list
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 sticks of celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 6 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped shopping list
- 4 small sprigs of fresh rosemary or about 2 tsp dried rosemary shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 cans of white beans such as cannellini or navy beans. shopping list
- If using fresh beans the equivalent of 28 ounces shopping list
- 8 cups of chicken stock shopping list
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper shopping list
- 11 ounces of cabbage leaves, sliced shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil and fry the bacon until just golden.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add one sprig of rosemary or 2 tsp of dried rosemary and the bay leaves.
- Add the drained beans and chicken stock.
- Stir well, then bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat.
- Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Take out the bay leaves and season the soup with the salt and pepper.
- Add the cabbage and stir well.
- Return to the boil and cook for a further 6-7 minutes until the cabbage leaves are soft.
- Check the flavor of the soup and if necessary add a bit more of salt and/or pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- wbailey Nowhere, Us
- ttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- lovemyoregon Hillsboro, OR
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- jrespess Charlottesville, VA
- deepturquoise Waterloo, CA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- pamelanava Prosper, TX
- joeyfingers Titusville, FL
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating5 people
Love soup and this one appears to be a high 5, can hardly wait to make some, probably one day this week since we will have some cooler days. Thanks for the great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
This sounds terrific. I have yet to meet a bean soup I didn't like. But white beans are a favorite, they are so unctuous and velvety to the palate. Great combination of flavors. Yum.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
This recipe is excellent, especially after it sits for a couple of days! I omitted the onions.lovemyoregon in Hillsboro loved it