Famous Waldorf Astoria Hotel Red Velvet CakeFrom jett2whit 7 years ago
- 2- 8 inch cake pans shopping list
- 1/2 Cup shortening (or butter) shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups white granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 oz. (1/4 Cup) red food coloring shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- 2 1/4 Cup sifted cake flour shopping list
- dash of salt(not necessary) shopping list
- 1 Cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 Cup milk shopping list
- 1 Cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 sticks butter shopping list
- pecans or nuts(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease & flour 2-8 inch cake pans and line with wax paper.
- Cream together shortening, sugar and eggs.
- Measure flour into a separate bowl.
- Add red food coloring and cocoa. Mix well
- Add flour alternately with the buttermilk. Always end with flour.
- Fold in lightly - DO NOT BEAT - the vinegar and baking soda.
- Have cake pans ready and pour in the batter. Drop cake pans on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles before baking.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes
- Frosting Directions
- Cook in top of a double boiler the flour and milk until thick.
- Put lid on and let it cool.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar and add to the milk/flour that cooled. I always add some vanilla too!
- Put between layers and on top of cake. If desired, add chopped nuts to the top of the cake.
The Cookjett2whit Union City, GA
The Rating11 people
Great posting Jett.Thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Yummmm! :)bakermel in Topeka loved it
THANKS IT REALLY IS AWESOME!!ONE OF MY FAMILIES FAVOURITE
HAVE A BLESSED DAY
MUMTAZmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it