Thai Drunken NoodlesFrom sola 6 years ago
- 8 ounces wide ribbon rice noodles shopping list
- 1/2 lb pound shrimp,deveined and peeled OR shopping list
- 1 cup chicken breast,diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic,minced shopping list
- 1 shallot,sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup green pepper,chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup cabbage,chopped shopping list
- 1 tomato,diced shopping list
- 1 egg,beaten shopping list
- 1 cup fresh basil,reserve shredding until ready to use shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- dry roasted unsalted peanuts shopping list
- cilantro for garnish,optional shopping list
- 1 lime,for garnish,cut in wedges shopping list
- 2 Tbls oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 tbls rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tbls Asian fish sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbls palm sugar,or regular brown or white shopping list
- 1 Tbls lime juice shopping list
- 1 Tsp ground chili flakes or Sambal chili sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Soak rice noodles in warm water for 15 minutes.Note:If they soak longer dont worry.I have done it at least an hour ahead.
- Combine all ingredients listed below lime wedges,stir to mix,set aside.
- In a lightly greased hot pan, add egg,swirl to create a thin layer on pan,hold over heat,turn heat down return pan to burner.Do not over cook,only a few minutes.Roll up omelet,remove from heat,cut into thin strips.
- In a wok fry shallots and garlic in appx.5 Tbls.hot oil over medium high heat.Add chicken and or/tofu careful not to brown garlic remove from heat if oil too hot.Add vegetables,stir fry about 2 minutes,add shrimp,stirring frequently.Add noodles,toss well.Add oyster sauce mixture.Toss to coat well,add tomatoes.Cook another minute or two stirring well.Remove from heat.Place noodle/veg/chicken mix in a large bowl.Add basil,toss to mix.
- Serve garnished with chopped peanuts,lime wedges,cilantro and a few sprigs basil.Serve soy sauce on side.Enjoy
- NOTE:This recipe orginally called for fresh Sen Yai noodles,unavailable in my area.I replaced with dry rice noodles but I have used regular extra wide egg noodles with good results.Cook them underdone/al dente,rinse with cold water and drain,reserve until ready to stir fry,it is still very good with these.
People Who Like This Dish 28
The Cooksola Kill Devil Hills, NC
The Rating7 people
Yuuuumm.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I made this the other night and didn't realize I didn't have the wide rice noodles and ended up using cellophane noodles. It tasted really similar to my favorite - pud woon sen. I'll add more garlic (as always), more lime juice and kick up the spic...morevainwi in Milwaukee loved it
I just dropped by for a look and now I'm stuck.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!