Microwave ToffeeFrom annieamie 5 years ago
How to make it
- Sprinkle your chopped nuts over either a silicone pad or a 12 inch piece of Release aluminum foil. (This foil is great to use!)
- Sprinkle the nuts in a circle about 10 inches length, keeping the nut pieces close together. You can also use a 9 inch pan, well-buttered!
- In a microwave-proof glass bowl, add the water, butter and sugar.
- Cook on high for seven minutes.
- Do not stop and stir your mixture. Just let it cook!
- If the mixture in the bowl is not a caramel'ish, lightly brown color, cook for one minute more.
- Remove bowl from microwave and pour the sugar mixture directly over the nuts.
- Using a rubber spatula, push the nuts on the sides into the edges of the mixture before it cools so that you don't waste nuts that are not attached to the candy.
- Quickly sprinkle your chocolate chips over the top of the candy and let it melt there for about 2 minutes.
- Spread the melting chips over the top of your toffee.
- I like to sprinkle this with extra nuts.
- Let the toffee cool completely.
- Break into pieces and serve!
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating6 people
wow - and to think it takes nearly three times of not more to do on the stove - great idea -thanks for posting this one! - Got my high five!divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
Love the fool proof part. Yum.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Made this tonight and loved it. Very easy to make. Tastes great.Cheaj in Collierville loved it