Rockin Blue Cheese MeatballsFrom sparow64 9 years ago
- 2 pounds extra-lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 4 ounces) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt shopping list
- 1/2 t garlic pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup ( 1/2 stick) butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, using your hands, combine beef, blue cheese, onion, seasoned salt, garlic pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Roll into 24 balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Working in two batches if necessary, brown the meatballs.
- Return all meatballs to the skillet, cover, reduce heat to low and cook 5 to 7 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
- Transfer meatballs to a paper towel to drain.
- Pour whipping cream into the drippings in the skillet, increase heat to medium-high and cook until sauce slightly thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Place meatballs on a platter or in a slow cooker, spoon sauce over the meatballs and garnish with the chopped parsley.