Simple Pinto BeansFrom campcookie 7 years ago
How to make it
- Wash the beans and soak in a large bowl over night.
- In a dutch oven heat the oil over med heat.
- Mix the salt and garlic well to make a paste and add to the oil once it is hot.
- Stir the paste in the oil until it is golden brown(be careful not to let it burn)!
- Add the beans with enough water to cover by about 4 inches. Use the same water the beans were soaking in.
- Boil the beans until they are very soft(you may need to add water during this process).
- When the beans are close to being done, add a 1/2 cup cold water and let them cook down to create a creamy juice. The cold water will actually thicken the juice. Add salt if needed. Serve with garlic rice and Vinagrette.