Smoked Bacon Cheddar Twice- Baked PotatoesFrom bluewaterandsand 6 years ago
- 14 medium potatoes, washed and dried shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 4 slices smoked bacon shopping list
- 1/4 cup reduced fat milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 4oo.
- Wrap potatoes in foil, poke each potatoes 3 times on each side with knife to vent.
- Place potatoes on 2 baking sheets and bake until potatoes are soft, about 60 to 70 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Reduce heat to 325.
- While potatoes cook,place bacon in skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy.Drain on paper towel, let cool and crumble bacon.
- Unwrap potatoes, starting on top and 1/2'' from each side of potato, use sm. knife to cut out an oval shape along the length of each potato, with out breaking the potato skin, scoop out and reserve inside portion of each potato leaving at lease a 1/4'' wall remaining on the inside,reserve the potato shells.
- Place the reserved inside portion of potatoes in a med. bowl and mash with a fork. Stir in butter, milk, cheese, chives and nutmeg, mix until well combined and season with salt and pepper.
- Place reserved potato shells onto the 2 baking sheets and spoon the potato mixture into each potato shell, top with crumbled bacon.
- Bake potatoes for 10 to 2 minutes or until heated through.