Bucatini In Salsa Bianca - Bucatini In White SauceFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 1 pound bucatini pasta shopping list
- 1 medium eggplant shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 2 large ripe tomatoes shopping list
- 4 anchovy filets shopping list
- 6 Sicilian green olives shopping list
- 1 can of tuna packed in olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup capers shopping list
- 6 basil leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup parsley shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the eggplant, cut across into round 1/2-inch slices. Salt the slices and place in a colander for 30 minutes to draw out any bitterness, then rinse and pat dry and cut into small cubes.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds and excess juice, then coarsely chop them.
- Chop the onion, rinse the capers, and shred the basil leaves. Finely chop the parsley and mince the olives.
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil and add the pasta.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over moderately high heat and fry the eggplant stirring constantly until it has become tender, turn down the heat to low and add the onions and cook until they become translucent.
- Add the tuna, chopped tomatoes, anchovies, olives, capers, basil and parsley and simmer.
- Salt to taste and set aside.
- Cook the bucatini 'al dente', drain the pasta, toss it in the sauce over moderate heat and stir until the ingredients are mixed.
- Serve immediately. I like to warm the bowl and plates.
- Recipe and Picture from OreganoFromItalia
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating7 people
Wow, Mystic this is looking pretty nice. Simple too. Anchovies and capers? Ding ding ding ... we have a winner!legoflamb in New York loved it
looks goodcheryilyn in Salem loved it
Awesome.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it