Chinese Basil Chicken with EggplantFrom uk2nyc 9 years ago
- 1 lb Boneless chicken shopping list
- 3 scallions or green onion with stems shopping list
- 2 long Chinese eggplants shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced bamboo shoots shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 3 tbs of oyster sauce shopping list
- 2 tbs of soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tbs of sweet and sour sauce shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 5 slivers of sushi ginger ( or 1/2 inch of ginger) shopping list
- 4 tbs of water shopping list
- 8-10 leaves of basil shopping list
- 3 tbs of oil shopping list
How to make it
- Chop your chicken into bite sized pieces and set aside
- Dice your scallions, eggplant and bell pepper and set aside
- Heat a wok on the highest possible flame and when hot add your scallions and cook for 2 min, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon and remove to a dish.
- To the same wok, add your cubed bell pepper and cook on high flame for about 5 min, stirring constantly
- Add your bamboo shoots, cook on high for about 2 min and set aside
- Do the same with the eggplant, while cooking after about 4 min, add your 2 tbs of oil and fry for another 3-4 min and set aside ( the eggplant should soak all the oil)
- Using a mortar and pestle, pulverize your garlic and ginger.
- Add 1 tbs of oil in the wok and again on the highest heat possible, fry your ginger and garlic for about 1 min.
- Add your diced chicken to this and cook for 3-4 mins
- Add your oyster sauce, soy sauce, sweet and sour sauce and water and cook for another 6 min.
- Add your veggies and basil and cook for 4 mins.
- Serve with hot white rice or noodles.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookuk2nyc Milano, Italy, IT
The Rating5 people
I love it! It is easy, too. Great post!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
This look great! What brand of sauces do you use? I love oriental food. My husband is Korean but I haven't had the time to try and master the cuisine.merrywait in Jacksonville loved it
this looks great. thankscheryilyn in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!