Bamia Egyptian Beef N Okra CasseroleFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- OUR EGYPTIAN EXPERT MY FRIEND AHMED SAYS THIS DISH IS SERVED WITH white rice! THANKS AHMED shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb okra shopping list
- 1 t salt shopping list
- 6 T vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 T yogurt, plain shopping list
- 1 ea onion - chopped fine shopping list
- 3 T sour cream shopping list
- 6 ea tomatoes - peeled, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 t pepper, white shopping list
- 1 lb beef shopping list
- 1 ea tomato - thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 c stock shopping list
- 1 ea lemon - thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 ea garlic cloves - crushed shopping list
How to make it
- Cut stalks from okra. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan. Add
- okra - saute 6 minutes. Drain sauteed okra on paper towels. Discard oil -
- wipe pan with paper towels.
- Heat 2 more tablespoons oil in saucepan. Add onion and tomatoes - saute
- until heated through. Add beef - cook, stirring occasionally until
- browned. Add stock - bring to a boil. Add garlic and salt. Simmer until
- most of liquid has evaporated.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Brush a large baking pan with oil. Stir yogurt,
- sour cream and white pepper into beef mixture.
- Spoon half of the beef mixture over bottom of oiled pan.
- Cover with okra, then with remaining beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon oil. Bake 50-60 minutes.
- Garnish with tomato and lemon slices.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
I've never eaten anything Egyptian but I will try this dish. Except for the yogurt it has ingredients found in Southern cuisine.cookinggood in Leesburg loved it
:) Served with white rice here in Egypt.One of the best!! Thanks for that JM.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Hahaha...Thanks for the side dish ;) Now it's your turn to email it to me my friend.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it