Bamia Egyptian Beef N Okra CasseroleFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- OUR EGYPTIAN EXPERT MY FRIEND AHMED SAYS THIS DISH IS SERVED WITH white rice! THANKS AHMED shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb okra shopping list
- 1 t salt shopping list
- 6 T vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 T yogurt, plain shopping list
- 1 ea onion - chopped fine shopping list
- 3 T sour cream shopping list
- 6 ea tomatoes - peeled, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 t pepper, white shopping list
- 1 lb beef shopping list
- 1 ea tomato - thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 c stock shopping list
- 1 ea lemon - thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 ea garlic cloves - crushed shopping list
How to make it
- Cut stalks from okra. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan. Add
- okra - saute 6 minutes. Drain sauteed okra on paper towels. Discard oil -
- wipe pan with paper towels.
- Heat 2 more tablespoons oil in saucepan. Add onion and tomatoes - saute
- until heated through. Add beef - cook, stirring occasionally until
- browned. Add stock - bring to a boil. Add garlic and salt. Simmer until
- most of liquid has evaporated.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Brush a large baking pan with oil. Stir yogurt,
- sour cream and white pepper into beef mixture.
- Spoon half of the beef mixture over bottom of oiled pan.
- Cover with okra, then with remaining beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon oil. Bake 50-60 minutes.
- Garnish with tomato and lemon slices.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
I've never eaten anything Egyptian but I will try this dish. Except for the yogurt it has ingredients found in Southern cuisine.cookinggood in Leesburg loved it
We had this for dinner tonight. It is Wonderful! My Husband liked it as much as I did. It gets a 5 from me.
Ferricookinggood in Leesburg loved it
:) Served with white rice here in Egypt.One of the best!! Thanks for that JM.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it