Tippys Pineapple Upside-down CakeFrom tippystclair 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1 can (14-16 oz) pineapple rings (drained. Save syrup). shopping list
- 4 glace cherries, sliced in half shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or flavoring shopping list
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup reserved syrup from pineapple rings shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F/170/C/Gas Mark4
- Put 1/4 cup butter in a large round cake pan.
- Place pan in oven to melt butter.
- Remove pan when butter is melted and sprinkle brown sugar evenly on to melted butter.
- Place 1 pineapple ring in the center of the pan on the brown sugar and the rest around the centerring.
- Place 1/2 glace cherry in the center of each pineapple ring, sliced flat side up.
- Place pan back in oven while mixing the following:
- Beat EGGS, SUGAR and VANILLA in mixing bowl.
- Fold in SIFTED FLOUR, BAKING POWDER, SALT.
- Stir in 1/2 cup RESERVED PINEAPPLE SYRUP.
- Remove pan from oven and pour batter slowly over pineapple rings.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Have a large plate or round platter ready.
- Let the cake set a few minutes.
- Place the plate or round platter on the top of the cake pan and flip over quickly (wear your oven gloves!!!).
- Serve warm or cold.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating8 people
Woww!! Just great.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
love upside down cakes,especially PINEAPPLE :)
thanks for the buddy invite ,you have some awesome recipes !!!
have a great day
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Favorite of my husband! Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!