Southern Sweet Chocolate PieFrom henrie 8 years ago
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) Bakers German sweet chocolate shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 deep-dish pie crust (9 inch), unbaked shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups angel flake coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- Melt chocolate and butter in saucepan on very low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; gradually add milk, stirring until well blended.
- MIX sugar, cornstarch and salt in medium bowl; beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add chocolate mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Pour into pie crust; sprinkle with coconut and nuts. (Crust will be quite full; filling will not rise over sides.)
- BAKE 45 to 50 min. or until top is puffed and browned, covering loosely with foil for the last 15 min. to prevent overbrowning if necessary. (Filling will be soft, but will set while cooling.)
- Cool at room temperature 15 min., then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating4 people
Oh Oh Oh, you got me on this one!! can't wait to make this one!!! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
This sounds really good Henrie!!!!! (A HIGH 5)pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Another great one Henri, but I have come to expect that of your recipes. You never disappoint. A 5 once again!grandmommy in Nashville loved it